- Firstly and most importantly, is it safe and legal to treat the nest?
Normally the answer is Yes, but in some
instances it is not, especially if one of Britain's protected species is
present! A written Risk Assessment will be completed at this point to
identify any hazards or risks.
- The nest will be treated with
professional use insecticide, administered using professional equipment
following manufacturers statutory instructions and following latest safety
- Once a nest has been treated all its
occupants will die. The nest colony cannot relocate elsewhere.
- Wasps will try to sting repeatedly anything that endangers the nest
therefore precautions must be taken as the more stings we receive the
higher chance of anaphylactic shock.
- Sometimes a clicking noise may be heard from the nest. This is the noise made by wasp larvae and this noise may
still occur for a short time after the nest has been treated.
- The nest will normally be destroyed
within 24hrs. If after 48hrs the nest is still active, the insecticide has missed
its target. Ring me for a FREE recall.